Based on the numerous services we provide for people with disabilities, there are opportunities to witness first-hand how our professional employees support these individuals with disabilities. Volunteer opportunities are available for ongoing support or occasional group or individual projects.
- Residential – Light landscaping and General Maintenance of property. Duties would vary depending on the needs of the community home but may include mulching, raking, planting, hedge trimming, painting, and general repairs.
- Vocational Services – Assist workers in learning new skills, i.e. stapling, taping, etc. or detecting errors in work. Helping to cover lunch/break duties and possibly teaching “free time” activities during breaks. Reviewing rules in small groups with workers and discussing work-related practices.
- Adult Training – To assist program participants in small group activities. If a group is interested, they could prepare a group activity for special occasions, holiday, etc.
Board of Directors and Committee Member Volunteers
Board of Directors – The governing body of the Corporation, our Board of Directors, meets every other month beginning in January. Meetings are held on the first Wednesday at 8:00 a.m. (except in January and July- 2nd Wednesday of the month) Elections of Board positions are held in November. Directors are elected to serve a two-year term and can serve up to three consecutive two-year terms.
- Finance Committee – This committee meets to review the overall fiscal operations of the Corporation, including but not limited to budgets, employee compensation, major purchases, retirement plan information, and income and expense comparisons. Four to five meetings take place during the calendar year.
- Development Committee – This committee is responsible to provide leadership to the Board of Directors in meeting public relations and fund raising goals, establishing an annual development plan, encouraging financial support, and assisting with community fund raising activities. Subcommittees of Development include the Golf Tournament Committee. Four to six meetings take place during the calendar year.
- Golf Committee – A subgroup of Development, the golf committee meets monthly from January to May and as necessary in June and July to secure sponsorship and raffle/silent auction items and execute planning for the Corporation’s annual tournament held the last Monday in July at Moselem Springs Golf Club.
- Ad hoc Special Events – Special events occur throughout the year in which additional volunteer help is needed. This includes public relations activities, fundraising by the agency, and fundraising events held for Prospectus Berco by outside organizations.
- Property Committee – This committee discusses facility and property issues including Prospectus Berco buildings/equipment; safety precautions; and advises the Board of Directors on issues related to property matters. Meetings are scheduled on an “as needed” basis.
- Personnel Committee – This committee meets quarterly to review issues relative to the Corporation’s personnel activities and procedures.
For more information or to volunteer, please contact Susan Stalnecker, Director of Development, at 610-372-4637, ext. 103, or firstname.lastname@example.org.