THE VOCATIONAL SERVICES PROGRAM employs approximately 120 adults with disabilities and provides businesses throughout the country with packaging and subassembly services.
Workers perform a variety of semi-automated and manual operations utilizing various types of equipment, including blister, skin, and shrink packaging. Our workers take pride in their ability to earn an income and to provide a valuable service to industries nationwide. Also available are vocational evaluation, personal work adjustment training, community work, and volunteer experiences.
- Vocational Training – Designed to provide an industrial environment in which people with disabilities are able to work on assembly and packaging jobs secured through local businesses on a contract basis. Workers are paid on a piece rate basis.
- Vocational Evaluation – Provides a comprehensive assessment of an individual’s vocational ability in either a vocational setting or the individual may be assessed on a job site in the community.
- Personal and Work Adjustment Training – Offers an individual the opportunity to improve or acquire a variety of work related skills in preparation for competitive employment. Individuals are offered training, support, encouragement and assistance in developing the skills and behavior necessary in meeting their vocational objectives. Driver permit tutoring is also available.
- Volunteer Experiences – Some of the experiences include participating in housekeeping at Mifflin Center, dining room setup at Rittenhouse, Central Supply Services at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Reading Hospital, and various assignments at Berks Visiting Nurses Association.
- Community Work – Paid work completed at local businesses. Staffing, supervision, transportation, payroll, and liability are provided by Prospectus Berco on an as needed basis. The Reading Eagle Company utilizes this service to prepare bulk mailing for the Chamber of Commerce.
This program is licensed through the Department of Human Services.
For more information on this program, please contact Stephanie Hill, Day Services Administrator.
Vocational Slide Show Below